Friday, June 25, 2004

STILL WANT CHINESE

I can now state categorically that the Chinese restaurant at Sde Nehenia is horrid. I got dressed, took the dogs for a run and left on time with the stuff I bought for Romi, the charm Cab sent from China for Irit, my camera, wallet and cellphone, or so I thought. I got there at 18:35 and when I went to get the cell phone to call them, it wasn't there! I'd left it on the bed. Thank God for solid tyres that can't get flat! The kids pulled in a cigarette later and in we went. The restaurant overlooks a lawn that leads to the Jordan River, but as it was early evening, the sun was in my eyes which made it hard to enjoy the view. An even better view was in the carriage, so I looked at Romi. We decided to order al a carte because it was less expensive than the *meals* I ordered chicken won ton soup and beef and almonds, Irit got an egg roll and chicken lo mein, Guy had corn soup and duck in honey. I was quite happy with the soup and should and could have happily stopped there. The beef was not very good, in fact none of us were very happy with our meals with the exception of Romi, she was thrilled with hers! I was not pleased, to put it mildly when the waitress informed me that my card was refused. I just handed the cash I had over to Guy who put it on his card, without blinking. What I gave him, and the baby clothes I bought at Irit's request, the bill was covered. Still a lousy feeling. Irit asked me about my hair cut. My hair was going every whichway from the wind on the ride out. I didn't wear a hat because the sun was almost down and I like the feeling of wind in my hair. I told her it was the wind, but the cut was supposed to be as much like Romi's as possible. She almost choked! Then, after Guy made some comment about Irit being perverse about something, I told her that I tried on the dress she'd wanted me to wear to Yogi's brit, and it fit even better now, but I decided not to wear it just to be perverse and that this one is more comfortable for riding Harley, and that last summer when I got these dresses she liked them a lot but hated the other ones, and that she really should be more consistent. All in all it was a nice visit, even though the food wasn't very good. They kept teasing me about "getting better" and told me about a triathalon next month that I might want to try. Guy is, at last getting less uptight about that kind of teasing, but I wouldn't want to be around if someone else tried to do it!
The ride home was incredible. The air was just the right temperature and it felt like being caressed by the smoothest silk. The half moon and stars(maybe satellites?) were right over head and I was sorry to get back to town. I'll be going out on Valency's Promenade a lot now. On the way there were lots of power walkers and dieters walking along. The bitch in me says, "good, they need it" (like *I* don't?) I would give anything to be able to walk out there again, but as I can't, I'm thankfull that I have Harley and can get out there that way. My back is protesting the long ride on solid tyres, so I think I'll let it get comfortable. All in all, it was very nice. Next time, we'll go to a better Chinese place.

No comments: