Thursday, June 17, 2004

SOMETIMES I SURPRISE MYSELF

Odd as it might sound, after doing the *clean the beige keyboard* thing severalo times, I decided it was time to get that new black one I've been eying. Got it last night and conhookdeded it, too short cable and all. This morning I messed around for an hour or so trying to find a comfortable position for IT and ME. No luck, so at 11:00 I went charging off to try and catch my sawbones, get fags and look for an extension cord for the KB. The sawbones had been and gone, so I made a proper appointment to see him next week I also had a go at dr. badshit by way of Oranit. She doesn't know who badshit's boss is, but said she'll get back to me on it.
Then I took off to see Eli the a/c guy, but his shop was closed. I'll call him a bit later. Then off to get fags, and back to the shop where I got the kb. They *did* have an extension cord and now all is well. While I was at it, I got a new optic mouse-black, of course, AND a new microphone. The mouse is working just fine, but I'm not going to do anything with the mic until Gerald comes to sort the other stuff. Next on my to do list is to get that bookcase out of here, this table turned around and the fax sorted. Not today.
The electric guy said the inspectors are suposed to be here on Sunday. That means they will either be inspecting an unfinished room-nothing new there, or they will show up soon to do the rest of the stuff.
I AM going to the movie this evening, unless they show up to work, which is entirely possible with that lot. I DARE Igal to even think they were here and I wasn't. We agreed that they would either call or be here by 09:30. I didn't leave until 11:00 and the cell phone that's number is on the door and was with me. I DARE him.
Sheesh, my watch died. It just needs a new battery. Maybe tomorrow. Depends on when I get out of here. Of course by the time I get around to changing it, I'll be back to knowing the time without it.
At least Teadrinker caught me while I was doing my pill boxes. I could listen to her and finish filling them. That's done.
Been doing a lot of thinking about Billy, but so far no conclusions. I just can't get a handle on this whole thing. What in the world does he need with a mean, old hag like me? And what ever possessed him to IM in the first pace? He needs psychiatric help even more than he needs new specs!
Time to get some weeds to eat and get ready to go to the movie. With any luck I'll be home in time for part two of yesterday's Highlander. If not, it'll rerun on Sunday. I should be back at the computer by 22:00 or so.

No comments: