Thursday, June 24, 2004

NICE

At least someone still loves me. My new sawbones saw the protocol from the transportation board that says I'm getting better and had even worse things to say about them than I did! He's ordereed a whole bunch of tests and scans and x rays that we KNOW will show changes and not for better! He did make one condition- a pint of one of Ireland's finest Guiness or Murphys. I'll get him one of each. Gili goes to Haifa at least once a week, so I'll just ask him to bring, our even better, I'll get them when I go to Haifa for the scans and all at that lovely tavern in the port. Striar the liar called while I was in with Dr. Sawbones and I decided not to call him back before I got home. I just rolled in from an excursion to the Chinese restaurant at Sde Nehemia. I wanted to clock the trip on Harley. Exactly 35 minutes on the Valency Promenade. Now all I have to do is figure out if my Visa will work. Striar the liar got an earfull and he's trying (or so he says) to get 300 together. That should cover it if my visa doesn't. I could scream. Of course I could postpone it to next week when the Visa frees up, BUT I WANT TO SEE ROMI.
On the up side, I did enjoy the ride out to Sde Nehemia. It reminded of the days long gone when I used to walk out there to sit at my favorite spot along the Jordan River. Now that I know Harley goes and comes back easily (bless solid tyres) I can start doing that again! It's so nice riding along the promemade. The Golan straight ahead on the way out and the Naphtali range on the way home with the Hula Valley stretching away on both sides. I must remember what a great relaxer it is and go back to doing that when I need a time out! Of course it doesn't do much for my back and shoulders, but the calming effect is well worth the pain. Lots better than tranqs! I have a feeling I'll be going out there a lot in the future.

No comments: