Sunday, June 20, 2004

I STILL HATE CABLE, BUT.......

......the techie is nice. Of course it's been working just fine all day. And the timing gods were on my side today, mostly. Eli came and sorted the a/c-seems it has to be set to cool to in fact cool. The problem is that the symbol for cool is the same as the one for heat. The trick is that if the symbol is in top right corner of the remote, it's on cool, if it's just above and to the left of the temp, it's heat! That should be easy enough even for me to keep straight.
Fanny came and did her cleaning magic, and had just finished when the cable techie came. I STILL HATE CABLE, and can't wait for the year of punishment to be over. I never did get out to return the fax and Striar the liar is still futzing around. I just might go to Safed tomorrow and spread some misery there for him. What a louse about timing.....when I was writing the part of the previous post about the hizzies, Achy called and asked me to let him know the minute I hear any booms. Not a problem, except, I'm not sure I'll hear them with all the windows closed and the a/c on. The dogs don't even react anymore because they are so far way. It's not like it was when katyushas were landing all over town and they both hid under the bed.
Hertzel Ben Asher has started a campaign to get Barbidoll kicked out of the mayor's office. I've been meaning to call and offer to help. I want to see him go from the mayors' office straight to jail, and will do just about anything needed to help. That man is such a sleazy liar. Must be related to Striar. Ok, campaign promises are just that, but there are limits. I really can't feel too sorry for all the municipal employees who haven't gotten paid in over 5 months. They knew the situation and voted for him anyway. Granted, there's no excuse for them not to paid, but.....He's got to go, and I'm itching to be in on it!
It's father's day in the States, so I'll call The Philmore in a while, and remind Irit to call her Old Man and grampa!

No comments: