Friday, June 11, 2004

THE OTHER SHOE

I knew it was too good to last. The other shoe fell yesterday BANG on my head. I was too upset to even think about a semi coherent post then, but I just might be able to write one now.
What happened? I got a bad case of 'smart ass' and tried to get 'confined to a wheelchair' on my transport file. BIG MISTAKE to put it mildly. The idiots decided there's been improvement and dropped me from 80% uses w/c to 70% uses. That means 1,800 less a month unless I win the appeal. Appealing means going to Tel Aviv in the heat of summer. Grrrrr. I just couldn't leave well enough alone could I? I AM NOT GETTING BETTER. My left leg is much worse. So bad that I can't even kick myself with it anymore with out falling over. And both legs are one big bruise. The good news there is that the bruises are purple! At least I have 60 days to put the appeal together. I should have it organized by Thursday. I need a strong letter from my sawbones, and he won't be here until Thursday. Maybe I'll e mail him and ask what he thinks.
Luckily I found that out after my run in with that asshole Dr in charge of continuing care for my Kupat Cholim(heath insurer). The bastard had the nerve to tell Ilana that two PTs saw me and both said I don't need an electric chair. That is an out and out lie. They both said that I do, but there are eligibility issues. It's not his call. The Ministry of Health decides, not him. HIS job is to send the completed paperwork, then let me handle the issues. There's another very nast letter taking shape in my mind on the subject. He hasn't seen me in over a year so has no idea of what has changed. Once I get those two problems sorted, I'll just leave well enough alone and depending on what the appeal exam says, just get the car and wait on the van. That's what I should have done in the first place. Ain't hindsight grand?
And just to complete the day, the computer is misbehaving. I'll have to get Gerald in to look it over.
On the plus side, they put the blast door on the new room and I have to get some contact paper to put on it. They haven't heard of prepasted wallpaper here yet. Igal and I agreed that Meir would notify me before anyone came to work, but of course he didn't. I'm getting the sick feeling that he just might be the kid I carried on my hip during my first year as an Englishes teacher in Beit Shean. He's the right age and lives in that area. Wouldn't that be hysterical? He redefined hyperactive. Ok, time to get dressed and out of here. It's after 09:30 and no one has showed up to work yet, and I *did* tell Igal that they could just show up by 09:30 to work. And Billy hasn't shown up yet. It *would* help if I brough Yahoo up.

No comments: