Friday, June 25, 2004

OF GIMPS AND DAUGHTERS

It had to happen. It's all my fault that Irit *has* to quit the cops. It coudn't possibly be because she didn't listen to ANYONE before she got married about putting in for a transfer from Hebron. Her excuse that she had to be near Jerusalem to finish her degree was just that, an excuse. She could have finished from Meitav as easily, but, nooooo, she knew better and now, when she can't get a transfer, it's all my fault. She's also pissed off that I won't just up and die so they can leave the country without feeling guilty. I don't think so.The really annoying part is that she thinks it's funny. I'm getting a bit, no a whole lot, tired of hearing it. I have to appologize for living? We got into it again yesterday when she started up with the whole "you can't hold Romi' thing again. "Why can't I hold her?" "She kicks and you might drop her AND she might breath dog hairs" Ok, so one of my arms is kinda gimpy, but it works well enough with the ok one that I can hold her without dropping her. It's not like I'd try to carry her upstairs or anything, and I only ever wear *slippery* fabrics that doghairs tend to not stick to, maybe not 100%, but....She got me so riled that I said, (read yelled) "then don't bother coming here until she's big enough that I *can* hold her and slammed the phone down. In the 10 minutes it took her to call back I think she figured out that she'd gone too far. She also let it slip that they have hotel reservations this weekend when I suggested we postpone it until next week after payday and my Visa frees up. It's a state secret that they are staying up here? I know they won't stay with me because of the dogs and smoke. Guy hates it, so she didn't not tell for fear of offending. What's the big deal? She has no problem telling me to pop my clogs already; I think it's great to take a weekend away from home. If I could manage it, I'd go there and take care of Romi so they could get away on their own, but for obvious reasons I can't! That girl had better get a grip and start thinking. She's started swimming lessons with Romi and says that Romi has stopped babbling since then so she's going to stop the lessons. Brilliant, nothing like teaching a 4 moth old that if she just looks like she doesn't like something, Mommy will let her quit. Irit never stopped to think that they start baby swimming lessons at that age because there's still some residual memory of the watery womb and babies are less scared of the water because of that very reason. It's just one more step to figure out that babies don't babble in the womb to figure it out. I hope she keeps it up. Romi obviously loves it, but what do I know? It will be interesting today but, at least I'll be independent. I hate being at someone elses mercy. If she really winds me up, I can just hop on Harley and come home. Where did I go wrong with that girl? She didn't like what I wore to Yogi's babys' brit, so told me to wear some thing else and nicer. No matter how many times I explain that I wear what I wear for a reason other than fashion, she just doesn't get it. No way am I wearing a *nice* dress that is uncomfortable on Harley for a 35 minute ride, and then to sit for who knows how long on a chair that wasn't exactly designed for a gimp in a dress. I will wear what I find to be comfortable. If anyone in this family knows fashion, it's me, not her. How quickly she's forgotten the last weeks of her pregnancy when just wearing skin was a pain, never mind making a fashion statement. Just living in this body is uncomfortable, I have to add to that with clothes that are stylish? COMFORT RULES. I could rant on about her for hours, but Striar the liar sent 200, so I'd best go collect it. Sheesh, I sit here and complain about Irit, but as a child, he takes the cake, or should I say, the whole bakery? His mother was supposed to send him $200 but was hospitalized, and he's pissed off at her. His poor mother. At least Irit realizes when she's gone too far, she doesn't ever say she's sorry, but does do a quick back peddle which is just fine. If things go as usual, I should have plenty to rant about tonight or tomorrow. I don't suppose she asked if the cleaning lady has been here because they are planning a surprise visit tomorrow? I'm in deep shit because she wasn't here yesterday and the floor is in desperate need of a wash and my eczema is super bad. Oh, hells, I'll just do it in the morning.

No comments: