Friday, June 04, 2004

How lucky can a gimp get?

I spent the night driving myself wild on how to pay Richard and Mara back, and the solution was in my wallet the whole time. Richard called this morning and we decided that I'll put things they need, up to what I owe on the handy dandy credit card!Too bad I couldn't just pay them with it, but then, there's no earthly reason that they should accept a credit card when every other government office does, is there? Of course if Striar the liar comes through, I'll be able to give them cash, but we're talking about Striar the LIAR here, so I'm not holding my breath. The credit card is the best way for me. Richard wanted to cancel their internet connection, but I'm going to let it run as a thankyou. It isn't that much and they were there when I needed them.
The timing on this whole thing is just too incredible. Someone *is* watching out for me.

I thought I'd made it clear to Melul that the contractor was to let me know ahead of time when they were coming to work. The paint guy appeared at around 10:00 and now I'm stuck here until he finishes. I just hope Hadass saved the papers for me. If not, maybe Richard and Mara have them and won't mind letting me have them. They don't read Hebrew very well. We'll see. Aside from that I'm missing those fun morning IMs with Billy. Think maybe he's decided I'm too much of a headcase for him? Wouldn't blame him at all if he did!

No comments: