Saturday, June 12, 2004

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE PIA

The good:1) It's so much fun to wake up to a mail from a great person I only met once, and had a fun time with. It almost makes the morning coffee uneccessary!
2) Susie is at Val's and they are going to see Dwight tomorrow! I'm so happy for her and thrilled that I was able to keep my promise to her. I just hope Val will be able to keep her from floating off into outer space, like Jips did for me, in spite of her preoccupation with that card.
3) I talked with Richard about maybe getting a few teaching hours in his department next year. He's going to check it out and if they will/can accomodate my *demands* the A Team English course might just get off the ground. They have to allow me to keep one of my chairs there and give me my own room on the ground floor. If they can do that........we're in business. Richard was actually excited about it. We'll just have to wait and see. It will not be easy, but I can handle one class, which is 3 or 4 hours a week, and having the chair handy will make it possible. His school is actually one of three in town that I can get into without breaking my neck or legs!
4) Eema Rivka and David are coming back on Monday. I can't wait for them to see the changes here. With any luck, David will be able to help wallpaper the door. I found a great contact paper for it, and am thinking about getting enough for all the doors in Gimp House. It's a light, airy flowery pring with just enough purple to keep me happy. No way am I going to try to put it up myself. Remember the one armed paperhanger? That's me.

The bad:1) I'm still seething and working on how to solve the two big issues, AND how to post pics here. The friendly helpfull support staff here was less than useless. There is supposedly an upload button here, but it's no where to be found. That bloggerbot prog they're flogging was the cause of the problems I was having with the computer. It's running better now that it's been uninstalled, and it never did post anything other than an ad for itself. Not so much as a shadow of a pic. Oh, well.
2) I really wanted to go to see Harry Potter today, but I'm 11.00 short and they are selling tickets for cash only. How stupid is it to be short so little? Thankyou ever so much, Striar the liar. I'll get it sorted and go tomorrow.
3) Not really bad, more sad. Billy hasn't been around since the other day, and yes, damn it,I miss him. I hope he's just been busy.It really bugs me how much I've come to like him. I just never learn do I? Of course it's usually me who tells guys to get lost, for reasons of their dumbness, but something about Billy tells me he's not one of those. There's a reason why I answered him and didn't make a rude comment before hitting *ignore* which is how I deal with just about ALL of them. I find myself wondering if this is going anywhere. What does such a sweet guy want with a total bitch like me?
3) There are a bunch of faxes in the new fax machine's memory. I HATE this new one. Why can't it be nice and simple and just spit out a fax instead of forcing me to try to understand the directions in the book? All those freaking useless functions and not a fax to be seen. It's getting close to hammer time, but I'm not quite ready to smash 900 shekels to smithereens. I'm going to try out an idea had for getting the fax down to usable height. Where is now, I need a ladder to see the thing. I'm going to put the CD player player on something else and put the freaking fax on that stand. It just might work!

The PIA 1) I don't know if they are going to show up to work on the roomtomorrow.
2) The panic button techie is coming to sort the connection, but they didn't say what time. I just love hanging around waiting for techies. I'll only have to do that if they show up to work on the room. If no one shows by 09:30, I can go out and the techie has both my cell phone numbers and I'm never more than 15 minutes from home.
3) I have to get on with Mooncat's fic. There's half an hour before that movie I want to see starts. Such sophisticated taste in movies, but, hey, The Munsters are fun! Then there are all the shows I missed yesterday that rerun today, Raven, Adventure Inc. and Relic Hunter! I'll gladly pass them up if Billy buzzes.
Onward to beta duties!

No comments: