Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Mission Accomplished!

Funny how things turn out. Eli, my beloved hair cut guy was closed today and as I had decided to get a haircut, a little thing like that was not going to stand in my way. I drove around looking at all the places in town, and on the second or third pass by Michal's something said "That's the place" I went by and took a good look inside. Lots of purple and she had time! I looked through the only book of styles she had there and found exactly what I was looking for right away. I now have a new hair cutter and my very own new style! I love it, it's short, shake dry and unusual.
While I was waiting my turn, Igal the inspector of the 'new room' project called and we closed a few lose ends. I informed him that it's been over a month since I refused to let them continue work and that I spoke to Meir and Melul and told them both they could continue, but except for last Friday, no one showed up, and that I just happen to have better things to do than sit and wait around for them. We agreed that Meir will call and tell me when they are coming. I told him to make it before 09:30 as I rarely leave before then. AND that if he says they are coming, they damn well had better appear. He also had a go at me about the purple paint. I told him that the paint is now is a non issue and my responsibility only, and unless he wants to come across looking stupider than he already does, he'd be well advised to let the issue the drop. That shut him up real quick. We'll see tomorrow if Meir calls.
It's 5 hundred gazillion degrees out and it's time to put the a/c on but I have to wait until after Fanny cleans the filters. I think I'll grab some tabouli and water and watch some TV. Have to call Irit too. Exchanged the wrong sizes for correct ones! I'll be glad when they get back to work on the room and I'll be able to stay in and catch up on all the stuff I'm behind on.

No comments: