Sunday, June 27, 2004

ALARM CLOCKS ETC.

What is so complicated about alarm clocks that I can rarely get mine to go off on time? Thanks to my incompetence I missed the first hour of Dark Matters yet again. It's just a simple clock radio, so why all the trouble? It might be a good idea to 1) get one that is an alarm clock only or 2) get the cellphone book out and start using it as an alarm clock(not the book, the phone!). Thankfully Cynthia posts a very comprehensive recap of the show, so I'll be able to catch up.
Oh, shit, the Lunatic upstairs is washing windows. I'd best get the dogs in before she starts dumping water on the ramp side.

I'm feeling better now that I've heard from Billy. He still doesn't understand all the issues I have with myself, but I guess only those who knew me back when really can get what The Philmore did to my self confidence when I was a kid. It's really scary to think what I'd be like if not for my mother. I'd most likely be locked in a rubber room while wearing a straight jacket. My head *knows* better, but somehow, I just can't get around it, however hard I try. Maybe one day? I was a bit surprised by how happy I was to see his e mail and by how much I missed that flutter when I heard the IM buzz. The internet supposedly puts enough distance between people that they can be more daring than they would be in person, but it doesn't for me. No matter the media, I can't be anyone other than myself. I suppose that's good because in virtual life, as in real life, what you see is what you get, even if the webcam only shows from the shoulders up! Anyone looking for a super model lookalike is 18 years too late. I MUST find that CD! It's not where it's supposed to be, so I'll have turn out my alternative hidey holes. It just might be in Mom's Japanese box or with the A Team scripts. I KNOW it's here some place.

It's after 10:00, so I guess I can go out, now that I've upheld my end of the bargain with Igal and Melul. The cell number is on the door if someone arrives to drill the new hole for the a/c. But first, I have to talk to the shyster about ading the 450 in bounced check fees to the suit. His line is busy. Grrrrrr.

No comments: