Sunday, June 13, 2004

ANOTHER WEEK GONE

Time just seems to fly. At least I got something done today. I finished beta-ing Mooncat's fic, all 28 pages and sent it back to her. Whew! The Swiss sure can torture English, but her stories are so great!
Aurelia dropped by and was amazed at how nicely Gimp House is coming along. She loved the way the old living room, soon to be dining room is shaping up, then, she hid my beloved hammer so I won't try to fix the fax with it. I MUST move the CD player and put the put the fax on that stand. I'll do it tomorrow, maybe while listening to Dark Matters. That's a good time to do things like that. It's in the same room so I can listen and move stuff around. I won't be able to figure out how to retrieve the faxes from the memory until after the show because that will involve no small amount of frustration and direction deciphering,and I'd rather hear the show.
I even got to read for a bit. This is so not like me. I usually can't put a Kellerman book aside until it's finished, but lately, I just can't read. Maybe I just can't concentrate because of the insanity of the medicos here, and part of my mind is working on that?
We just had the funnest run of mails on the DM list. Vicky finally got the credit she so richly deserves for inspiring my blog,Cyn's, and Sandy's! I do wish we lived closer, because I think we could maybe be good friends. I don't often feel that way about women. I've always been more comfortable with male friends. Could that be because there were so few girls in the old neighborhood, that it was just more natural to hang out with guys and do *boy* things? Football, hockey, baseball, cars and motorcycles? I wonder. Even today at mixed gatherings, I'd rather talk with the men than the women. The men's conversation is just more interesting to me. Come to think of it, Alice, Aurelia and Teadrinker don't go in for the usuale girly topics either. hmmm. Could be it's just my lack of patience with *stupid* people who can't keep up with me, never mind challenge me? Whatever. It's time to go to sleep so I can get up in time for DM.

No comments: