Tuesday, June 15, 2004

MOVING RIGHT ALONG

Incomprehensible. That's the only word I can think of to describe what went on here today. The electric crew arrived at a bit before 11:00, phutzed around a bit, created a new deeper layer of dust with their drills, then at 12:15 disappeared for lunch, gaily annoncing that they'd be back in an hour or so. I had some lunch, a nap, was here for a bit, and they returned at 15:35! I guess that comes under the or so part of what they said when they left? At least they sort of swept up a bit, the operative words here are sort of!
Before they left I begged them to get here earlier tomorrow bacause they totally messed up my day...no new keyboard, no movie, very little progress on their work. I could scream. Dare I hope they'll get it finished tomorrow? Nah, Even I'm not that stupid!
With a bit more luck, they just might install the fan light in here. They *did* promise to sort the big light in my room. Must remember to remind them of that promise.
Am I going on a quick jaunt to London in August? I'd really like to, but it pretty much depends on if OTJ will be in Oct. Can't do both, must choose. But I want a get away.

No comments: