Sunday, June 20, 2004

GIMP AND AIRCONDITIONERS AND COMPUTERS

Eli, the a/c guy just left. Did you know, that if the remote is set on heat,it will not cool, no matter what degree it was set for! Gerald was here before the end of Dark Matters, and sorted the computer, I think. I've lost the format stuff for Outlok Express, and my beloved e mail informer. It seems that Hotbar creates more havoc than it's worth. NOW, the cable modem is making trouble. It's behaving itself at the moment, and probably will until, and while, the techie is here. I don't care, he can either change it or come back every time it misbehaves! I HATE CABLE.
The electric guy was here with the supervisor/inspector, and the air filter/conditioner will be a while arriving. Seems there are none of that model in stock now. They say it's THE top of the line, VERY BEST system manufactured in the country! Had a bit of a giggle, while they were here. They said on the news that the hizzies were shooting mortars over on the western end of the border at imaginary airplanes. We exchanged a *look* and the boss said they'd do everything they can to finish it up real quick.
I find it interesting that the hizzies started up again right after the Iranians announced they are restarting their nuke program. Hmmmmmm. Where are the Yanks? They shut Khaddaffi down, Iraq is out of the picture, leaving Syria with Saddamns' WMD and North Korea, and a few others of that ilk.
Poor Billy. Worked an 18 hour shift. That's just insane, says she who worked 28 hours a day in '96 during Grapes Of Wrath! Now, that was a wild 6 months. I think I'll go lie down when Teadrinker gets off the line. It's nap time. I did it again, stayed up late and got up early to listen to D.M. Now, I want to sleep until the cable clown gets here. With any luck, I'll have an hour and a half!

No comments: