Wednesday, June 09, 2004

OF ALL THE NERVE- Channel 10 commentary

It comes as absolutely no surprise that Israel channel 10 has the most left wing news commentators on the air today. I've always enjoyed Yaron London and Motty Kirschenbaum. Until today, that is. Nitzan Hororwitz, the keeper of their foreign desk did a bit on Reagan's funeral and had the unmitigated nerve to sneer at Reagan and be rude about Nancy Reagan's decision to not have that fuck face slick willy clinton, may he rot forever, speak at the funeral. Can he really be that stupid? Who the hells does he think he is? After all the crap that went on here after Rabin got done, can he not understand that Americans are sad at Reagan's death? Much as I adore Alon Ben David, I'm going to watch Israel 2 and suffer through Ronny Daniel who I detest, mostly because my glasses look better on him than they do on me! I really enjoyed the good old days at the hotel when katyushas were flying and all the press guys were staying there. Alon and I had a few long talks over pilfered beers about his wife's books, which I love. She's never been to Maine, but somehow she wrote it right, and in Hebrew yet. Alon had a good laugh over my description of reading about my *home* in Hebrew and getting totally disoriented. And my tape swapping pal Zohar is with channel 10 now too. The only good guy from then is Yoav Limor at Israel 1. Maybe I'll just quit watching news at all, after I send a nasty e mail to I-10 in Hebrew. I'm super pissed off. There's got to be a better way to vent than by destroying a new TV?

No comments: