Sunday, July 11, 2004

NOTHING LIKE A LITTLE PANIC

I finally got my cell phone to behave and set to ring at the correct time for Sunday morning Dark Matters. Then, at some time during the evening I realized that the computer had suddenly gone mute. Nothing I did could get a sound, beep or peep out of it. After pondering for a long time with mounting paanic, (no sound, no DM) I thought it might not hurt to see what was up with Media Player. Sure enough! All I had to do to get sound back was reinstall it. It works now. Of course I'm driving myself wild trying to figure out how/why it went away.
In another flash of brilliance, I found out why the fax doesn't work. It wasn't connected! At least I got those snafus sorted.
Not much else got done yesterday except that I've almost finished Angels and Demons.
I have to go out soonish to find out if Igal got anywhere with Q. Badshit, get more shelves, see if my ID and passport arrived, then home to tape my two shows. With any luck, I'll get more done on the Great Book Project!
I was really sad to have missed Billy. It seems I only find he was online after he leaves.(like I did just now-10:05) It *is* Sunday, and he just might not work today. I'll be home for the rest of the day from 12:30 in any case.
I didn't get very far. The a/c guy called and said they are ready to make the new hole and install the a/c,so home I raced. They are busy rearranging the furniture with the books so they'll have room to work. I rather doubt I'll get out today. But the room will be finished!
I'll use the time to list the books that are still waiting.

No comments: