Monday, July 19, 2004

NOISY NIGHT

I felt a bit better today and managed to get out for a while. The results of last weeks CT arrived and they are not great. I'll wait and hear what the sawbones says, then talk to the *plumber* .
After I got the results from the postoffice, I went to my travel agent and I now have reservations for the England jaunt. I (of course) forgot the name of the hotel I want, so will have to write it down and go back and have her do some research on it. It looks like a good group is forming, and like with the noncon last year, we will all try to stay in the same hotel! We'll be quite the international group; Israel, Holland, Sweden and the US! And that's just so far. There will be loads of UKers there too.
 
Achy called during my rest and asked if my new room, THE SHELTER is finished. It seems Nassralla has promised us a noisy night. I'm not so sure about that. Either my katyusha early warning system is rusty, or they will make do with the District Judge a group of Nassralla's henchmen murdered outside his house tonight. Never can tell what they'll do next, but I can't FEEL and katyushas on the way. Time will tell. Achy is convinced that he'll no sooner get home than he'll be called out. He popped in for a quick drink after his voice lesson and I asked if he expects me to call him if a katyusha hits the house. His answer was a pitying look. So, I promised to call if..........
STL said he was in Rambam this morning and that he'd call me later. Did he? No, he did not. 2700 and counting. In the end he'll pay for the whole UK jaunt. He already owes the price of the plane ticket in late penalties.
 
Rivka and David are coming north tomorrow, and we're going shopping for furniture etc  for the flat in Safed. I can't wait til Rivka sees what I've done in the new room. Achy loved it! Never mind the rest of it, STL has caused a major delay in getting that bookcase finished and I am very not pleased about it. He is sooooo going to pay.
I know there was something else I wanted to write about, but I've forgotten. I think it's time for a quick shower, then to bed until/if katyushas hit. It's been a long time, and I've never gone through it down here. My last flat was tucked under the hill and they never got too close there. This building took a direct hit a long time ago and the neighborhood has been hit lots of time. [sigh] No sense in worrying about it. If I hear it, I'm ok, if I don't hear it, I won't be alive to care, so why worry?
 
 

No comments: