Monday, July 05, 2004

A FLASH OF GENIUS!

It took only three minutes of standing in the shambles that is the new room to realize how best to carry on. It was so simple that I'm astounded! The so simple solution is to start building the bookcase along one wall, and start putting the books in it in reverse order z to whatever fits, then use the top shelf for the other books until they are all listed, then do the other wall and start the *A*s there! Maybe you have to see it to understand, but trust me, it's nothing short of genius. Sooooo, I went charging off to Handyman to see how much the shelves would cost because I really don't want to mess around with dismantling the existing shelves! The shelves will cost about 800 for all of them,(2 whole walls) and that's not too bad. Those two walls should hold most of the books and if they don't, there are 2 more walls! In the end the challenge turned out to be getting the shelves home in time to get to the clinic in time for my appointment with the SW. They kept falling(3 times) off Harley, until I figured out a way to bungee them on. In the end, I got to Igal, the SW on time, and *he*( remembers the PTs both recommending an electric wheelchair for me, and is going to have a go at dr. badshit! Before all that I called Aurelia, and she's going to Haifa on Thursday, anyway, so I have a ride!
Now, if my back would just stop screaming, I could get on with the shelves and books. Maybe an extra pain pill? Yeah, I'll do that, lie down for 1/2 an hour to give it time to kick in, the get on with it. I can't wait for the room to be sorted!

No comments: