Friday, July 30, 2004

BOOKCASE?

.....to deserve this? Or, nothing happens by chance, you just have to wait to find out the reason. What brought this on? What happened today.......started a year and a half ago. When I moved to Gimp House there was no room in here for my table. The only thing I had that was even close to resembling a table was the corner computer "desk" that lived in it's own little corner by the back windows. It was crowded to understate things, but was just fine there UNTIL they broke through that wall of windows to put in a too narow doorway for the new room. They very carefully moved the whole shebang around the corner into the living room. The fact that the window in the new rom opens in the wrong direction meant no computer in there. Here we digress to about a year and a half ago. One day, for no reason at all, I went over the bridge behind the neighborhood school and saw an old school table discarded in a pile of rubble. Aha! A table. It can live outside on the ramp. Somehow I wrestled it onto the back of Harley and got it home! I had a table outside for coffee and stuff. I moved it inside for the Great Book Project and put it where the computer used to be and used it as a way station for moving the books. It was scheduled to go back outside tomorrow! My dear friend Aaron Milman was over the other day and decided that he didn't like my baby 15" monitor. He went home and called his nephew and told him to bring the largest monitor possible. They arrived here this morning with a 19" monster that wouldn't fit in the old table. What to do, what do? We all came up with off the walls ideas, then he saw the table in the itty bitty alcove and YES! He charged out to shanghei one of my neighbors he'd sold a computer to last year to come and help with the conversion. The took the bookbag holder off, put a plywood top on and set the computer up in it's old corner. Who knew when I wrestled that table home how incredibly useful it would be? I'm so happy and thankful that I can't think of it without leaking a few tears. Aaron GAVE me the monitor because........well, just because. And this after all the grief from STL and Teadrinker. I'm still in wonder at the whole thing and the table. Who knew it would solve so many problems one day? The old corner one is now in a corner by the front window patiently waiting to be cleared off and turned into a proper writing desk! There just might be enough room in there now for a chair or two; the ones that are just stuck in new room and were used as shelves during the Great Book Project. At least one of them can come out and the sofa bed can go to wherever it is old sofa beds go.

The cable techies who pretty much had moved in here, discovered that the network card is bad. No more flip flops from them. The big boss was here yesterday and things sort of almost worked for a while, then NOTHING. Because he assured me that all was well when he left I had a go at Netvision and threw a hissy fit when they told me to get up and do something. I HATE NETVISION. I had another go at them this morning, then, called cable. The boss who was here yesterday called and said he'd get a techie here ASAP and the techie finished just when the new monitor arrived. Timing. Now, all that's left to do is survive the remainder of my year with NETVISION: I HATE THEM and go back to Barak. Yogi just called and he's on his way over to copy a prog. I can just imagine his face when he sees all this! Ah, yes, he was properly impressed by the computer returning to it's corner in such a brilliant way AND by the finished bookcase. I must find a way to get the picture here.
Maybe this will work! I'll post, then test it.
Ha! Never mind. I got the blasted blog bot to work! Ha! The hell I did. I only got it to work on Yoffee Coffee. Shite Blogger Blot. I think I'll kick it out again. I HATE IT MORE THAN NETVISION. AND THAT"S SAYING SOMETHING.



No comments: