Wednesday, July 14, 2004

ILANA GOLAN

It's legal! I am now ........ta dum.......Ilana Golan. No more garbled pronounciations of Frances! Ha! And just to keep it right, I now have Franne with the proper Hebrew spelling for a middle name. After I got the new ID card from the post office I embarked on a wave of passing out photocopies of the new card to all the places in town where I need to change it-Clinic, bank, city hall,Pelephone and Ezer. I spent an hour on the phone faxing it to the phone company, cable,Irit, Barak and Netvision. All that's left are Amidar, electric co. Social Insecurity and Cellcom. I'll do electric co. now, and the other three tomorrow in person. Ok, electric is sorted! And the cable techie will be here in a minute to put the Sony and digibox in the new room. The phone company will put the wiring for 41231 in there on Sunday! Yeah. Boy, can I be efficient when I want to be. Oh, almost forgot. Drivers lisence, it gets updated automatically by the Int(f)erior Ministry and the lisence itself reissued after paying 18 shekels. I'll do that next week if/when STL pays up. Speaking of whom, I had royal go at him today and informed him that he now must pay 2000 and 100 more per day he misses. He didn't whine too much. He knows Plan *B* will be nasty. Ilana is feeling most pleased with herself right now! Funny how a little thing like finally getting your name straightened out can make you feel so good (and it only took 52 years to get it done), but now that it is, I'm not wasting any time! The cable guy who came is the same one who was here before, he's almost enough to make me stop HATING CABLE operative word, ALMOST.

No comments: