Monday, July 12, 2004

I'M PISSED OFF I TELL YOU, PISSED OFF

Yup, the room is indeed finished except for a thing a two the inspector wants fixed, like the holes in the drywall and the big hole into the pantry. As I was on my into town, I ran into Meir and dragged him back here to show him the hole in the wall and prove to him that there was really a lawn of sorts out back. He couldn't argue with the picture. Meir saw the diary I kept on the process and asked me to translate it to Hebrew for him. I'll do that after he finishes the odds and sods! On my next attempt to get from town to Home Center, Menachem Horowitz stopped me and asked if I'd like to do a bit for a story he's doing for channel 2 on the Transport Ministry's plan to take gimp scooters off the road and only allow them to used on kibbutzim, moshavim and pavements (sidewalks to Americans) Of course I agreed and waited for his cam crew to arrive. They shot lots of stuff and Menachem got a few great(if I say so myself) answers, including a statement that even if they *do* manage to pass such a law, I have no intention of obeying it. Statistics show that there have been no, repeat no fatalities involving scooters and vehicles! They are trying to get us off the streets even though there is no reason to do that. I wonder who put that bee in their bonnet? Menahen says there have been very few accidents and NO fatalities. How kind of them to protect us from ourselves for no reason. They won't get very far with this plan, and if they do, it will be ignored by most of us. Drive on the pavement, yeah, right, and at the end of the street, what are we supposed to do? Jump the curb? I mean, why are we on the streets now?
On my next attempt to get what I need from Home Center, I got there but my credit card was refused, so I charged home and tried to get into my account online. No go, password troubles, so I called tech support and they were no help, so I tried an end run through my bank account, it took forever to get in and Teadrinker was driving me wild on the phone the whole time. I finally got in and I'm so close to my limit it isn't funny. I called Striar the liar, and he called back while Yogi was here, how Yogi didn't arrest me for the things I said to STL, I'll never know, but he didn't! Yogi saw the new room and was suitably impressed by the bokcases, and left happy with his new camera. I have 2 hours to continue work on the bookcase, then maybe I'll eat, then watch my 18:00 to 21:10 TV, then, maybe continue. I'm still in a raging bad mood about all the trouble I had getting into my accounts, but working should be good as a calming influence. I blow up fast and cool down almost as fast.

No comments: