Wednesday, October 05, 2005

DONE GONE AND DONED IT AGAIN

I am heartily sick and tired of thinking I'm smart enough to do anything on this 'lectronic pencil except send e mails and read newspapers because I obviously am not. One day last week while still suffering from jetlag (never mind that the time difference was only two hours) It was jet lag, I tell you, jet lag, I thought it might be nice to catch up on some routine computer maintenance, like scan disk and the like. Even though I actually do know better, I clicked ok on delete last date for system restore and spent the week off line texting with Cab who posted to the VA to inform them of my latest insanity. Today was spent reformatting/installing my idiot OS and getting back to the way I like it. Of course Child Genius had to be SOSed to sort the connection and he forgot to do my private e mail accounts. Grrr. Tomorrow. I really hate doing this and never again intend to so much as look at the delete sys restore last date....until next time!!
It all started because I suspected a virus and indeed found one in Norton (insert obscenity of choice) and deleted it. Dumb. I'm not sure what was dumber, letting Gerald put in Norton(insert obscenity of choice) or deleting it. What ever, I'm back with my beloved AVG and a proper firewall that is driving me nuts with constnt popup things that ignore checked notices. It just keeps on showing it. I've got a ton of other stuff that has to be put back, like e-addys and the like but will do it tomorrow, maybe. Being the work-a-freak I am, I hate leaving things undone once I've started, so I just might be here all night.
Jaguar got her surprise in the mail and sounds quite happy with it. What was the big secret? Just a little thing I spotted next to the cash register at Duty Free when I was paying for my fags.....a wee bottle of Jaguar perfume that I could no way not get for her, then have Dwight sign. I'm so chuffed that she likes it. Made the whole trip worth the hassle and jet lag!
Rosh Ha Shana (our New Year) is over and I have a turkey in the fridge waiting to be demeated. There are two things I KNOW I can make, one is a nice moist stuffed turkey, the other is a special secret recipe cheese pie. Orly and Chaim ordered me to appear at their house for holiday dinner and I said, "Not without a *chick*" They had never seen a whole stuffed turkey before and were blown away. It came out perfectly; if I do say so myself, brown and smelling so good it was almost wicked. As there were only three adults, there's a lot of left overs waiting to be stripped from the bones and frozen.
There are tons of things I want to post about, but the unfinished stuff is calling, so I'll just have to come back after I finish it, or tomorrow. Is sooooooooo good to be back online.

No comments: