Sunday, October 09, 2005

A WORD OF ADVICE

It is not recommended to try to drive a scooter while crying. Tears make it hard to see oncoming traffic. I learned this lesson today. I went to the big shopping center to get a new battery for my Cellcom cell phone, and ran in Jacko, our mail man. He mentioned that I had something in my box from the States, so, after a bit of small talk, I charged of there to collect it. When I saw the slip, I knew that was something to do with Dad's estate, and the tears just started flowing. I managed to stop them before I got to the main post office to collect the envelope. There was a form to sign and send back to the insurance company, and an original death certificate. That got me started again. Dealing with all it makes me feel so grubby and mean, as well as sad, but it has to be done.
After I got the certificate photocopied; because I have to send the original back with the form, I went to Pelephone to get a smart ass phone with camera, email and internet. It has a large screen as these things go and works out of the country, which Pelephone cell phones never used to do. I just checked the Cellcom site and am thinking of getting one of theirs as well. I came racing home, planning to play with the new phone, but checked my bank balance first. For some insane reason, it shows that my ATM card was cancelled. I wonder what that is about, but as the bank is closed today, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out. There was a 200 shekel charge for it too. Some one is going to get well and truly yelled at for that. My balance is well withing agreed limits and there was absolutely no reason to cancel the ATM card and charge me 200 for it. With that to look forward to, I think I'll go play with my new toys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun with yer new toy, I think distractions are always good. Please don't drive while crying dear, take the time you need, pull over, get it out of your system, then go do something to remind yourself how good life is, even if it's just licking a lemon to pull a funny face!

Shnuggles,

Cab

Purplegimp said...

I promise never again to cry and drive. Next time I feel it coming on, I'll send you a text and you can make me laugh. Deal?