Monday, October 24, 2005

SOMETHING IS WRONG

There seems to be a minor problem with Firefox. Every time I try to add this page to the tool bar folder, it self deletes after a few minutes. I hope I'm not the only one with this problem and that they'll sort it soon.
I'm pretty much recovered from the worlds shortest case of the flu. All that's left is an itchy nose, but no more leaks from said appendage, and I feel just fine, if sleepy.
Yesterday I figured out what is bothering me so much about the Wicked Stepmother of Evility. She never once asked me or The Jeffey if there were any of Dad's things we wanted. There ARE two things I want and I know they were in the house not long ago, at least one. Way back when I was in Jr. High, I made a clay thingy of a face and glazed it half black and half white. It actually won a prize and Dad was so proud of it that it was always on display. I want it. He also had a slide rule in a leather case. I want that too. I'm really not up to calling and asking her for those things partly because she should have asked, and partly because I just want to forget that she even exists. I *do* have the important things though; Dad's baby book, and the love letters he wrote to Mom. And a few other things like the telegrams they got when they got married, their wedding picture, and some things he gave Mom over the years. I told Dad that I had them about a year ago and he thought that was great! I think so too, especially in light of the way she ignored the fact that he actually had a life before they met. I'll ask The Jeffey if there's anything he wants and if there is, I'll make sure he gets it. At least he has some of the stuff from the Longfellow Ave. house we grew up in, like the insane French Provincial mirror with the shelves and the nik naks that go with it, and some other things. Funny how comforting those things are. I still get a bit weepy when I look at them, but I am a well known senti'mental' slob, and blubber at the slightest excuse.
The holidays are almost over, and things should get back to normal(?) by Sunday. This bunch of holidays all in the same month is a bloody pain as nothing functions until they are over. Not that things ever function as the should in any event, but at least the government offices aren't on group vacations and shut down. Now, they can all go on their annual post holiday strike!
Orna asked why I haven't been going there on Fridays for dinner, so I explained about the texting, and she didn't much like it. I'll go this week, and see how she likes it when I get going with the texting! There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than text with Cab/Kiri, unless it's to actually be able to sit and talk with her face to face, or should I say Murdockian to Murdockian? If The Plan comes off we'll be able to do that in 2007, and it can't come soon enough for me. It might even happen sooner than that, if she could stand a nice quiet weekend in some resorty type hotel over there in her area. That idea is running rampant in the remnants of my mind. I'd much rather go volcano climbing, and general exploring, but that's kinda hard to do in a wheelchair! A nice 4 day weekend at a resorty place is much more my speed. I'll start working on that as soon as I get the next two trips organized. UK in Feb, Maine in the spring, then, the Far East.
It's coming up to nap time now. I was up most of the night for no good reason, made a quick run into town for fags, fish and ground beef, so I can go crash in bed for a bit.

No comments: