Monday, October 10, 2005

SO TIRED YET SO MUCH TO DO

Called The Jeffy last night and he still hasn't gotten anything from The Wicked Stepmother of Evility. My poor baby brother. He's tried so hard and done so well with what he has, and it took a long explanation from me for Dad to see it. The Wicked one still doesn't and The Jeffey's heart is broken. I only got around to telling Dad a few months before he died so The Jeffey didn't get much time to enjoy his new upgraded status with Dad. It's so sad to see how hurt he is by it all.
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to do some digging into what Dad had and didn't have. No way on earth was there only one life insurance policy. I also now know how much he got for the business, and that he had a sizable stock portfolio before he sold the business, so where is it all? From something the Wicked one let slip, I also know that there was a trust fund that he used for living expenses. Knowing Dad, he had a mortgage on the house down there, which is probably long paid off. Something is way off there and I have no intention of sitting back and letting go without finding out. Mom and Dad spent their lives building up a business that would have been crap if not for Mom. That Woman is not going enjoy anything from that; not if *I* have anything to say about it, and you'd better believe I will have plenty to say about it. SHE (Mom) was our mother, not that Wicked Stepperson.
On a more mundane note, went to the bank and my ATM card worked just fine, and those weird charges were gone this morning. One of the clerks there witnessed my signature and I sent the whole thing by courier to the insurance company. I didn't bother to ask Mordy what that was all about as the bank was very busy. As long as it's sorted, it's ok. Then up to Pelephone to get the numbers switched. Done! Then to Cellcom to get one of their smart ass phones. The poor guy there wanted to put the phone on my credit card, but I resisted, and eventually the manager gave in, and said ok to an automatic debit. So I have yet another brand new smart ass cellphone. Must put it in the charger, then, memorize the book. I'm sleepy and my back is killing me. I'm now off to make a falafel in 1/3 of a whole wheat baguette, then to rest my poor back on the air mattress while memorizing the cell phone book.
Also have to kill two of my Bezeq lines because the cable phone will be put in on Sunday morning. Can do that from bed!

No comments: