Saturday, October 29, 2005

UPSET DOESN'T QUITE COVER IT

Ok, now that I've read and pretty much memorized The Philmore's will, and thunk hard on it for a couple of days, I'm just about ready to the rage out here.
The first person who tries to tell me that it's his money to with as he pleases had best start running real fast. It is, and it isn't. Every single thing/penny he had was due to my mother, and she made the mistake of leaving it all to him with the explicit understanding that it would eventually go to me and The Jeffey. She obviously didn't take Aunt Sylvia's( auntie Yenta) match making tendencies into account. Auntie Yenta decided that The Philmore and The Stepmother of Evility would be a good match, and so they were. The SOE never liked me, and she absolutely detests my bother. So, what's wrong with the will? Now, don't get the idea that I'm a money grabbing bitch, because, I'm not. I'm more upset on The Jeffey's account than my own. After all, I have a very nice disability payment every month, so I'm set for life. The thing that so enrages me is that the way The Philmore set things up, the SOE can do anything she wants with everything and anything he had, including give it to her kids at any time. There's a clause that says that she gets 50% of the funds in the trust, the residue of which is supposed to divided between me, the Jeffey, Irit and Aron after she checks out, but until then, it's hers to do with as she wishes. Be pretty hard to divide nothing between us. He also stipulated that if I pop off before she does, my kids get my share. No way. They have their own shares of that nothing. I must find a way to be sure The Jeffey gets my share, and that there's a share to get. I guess I'd just better be sure I outlive her, so I can make sure The Jeffey gets it. Once it's mine, there's nothing anyone can do about who gets it. I just knew there would be impossible strings from his grave. And I don't trust that SOE as far as I can walk. Of course there's a no contest clause. Did anyone think for a minute that there wouldn't be?
I'll be talking to my Florida lawyer in the next few days to see if an eagle eye can be kept on the residue, in spite of her. There must be a way. She had her own small fortune when they got married and The Philmore took care to tell me, before they got married, that what was his, would go to us and hers, to her kids. Hmph. I see her at work here.
The SOE completely ignored the fact that The Philmore was married before she even heard of him, to OUR MOTHER. I just hope there's a legal way out of this. Hells, any way is ok with me. Gotta get The Jeffey settled.

No comments: