Thursday, October 06, 2005

SOME THINGS DEFY COMPREHENSION (my life, for example)

If I didn't already know, beyond a reasonable doubt, that I am nuts, today would have sent me screaming to nearest loony bin with padded walls.
I was sitting here quite happily this morning reading my email, when the phone rang. It was my sawbones calling to ask how I am and how was the trip. I told him about the sprained ankle trick and he said he wanted to see it and the two crooked toes! I dutifully got dressed, dodged market day traffic, and went to the clinic. I just sat there waiting until he finished with the patient who was in the room with him. Two others who were waiting tried to figure out who was next. The bossier of the two asked what time I was listed for? With great pleasure I told him that I'm not on the list, the doc called and asked me to come in. Confident that he (the bossy one) would be next in, he almost knocked me over when Dr. Sawbones came out and told me to go in. Mr. Bossy did not like that one little bit, but there wasn't a thing he could do about it. My foot was inspected from all angles and declared no longer sprained. As to the toes, we'll discuss them after the scarring gets better. During our chat he let slip that he called because he missed my wacky take on things medical!
From there, I went to my butcher to pick up some bony beef for me and Pegasus to enjoy, then battled the traffic yet again to get home. I sauced the beef and stuck it in the oven, then came to computer to check my bank account. Hmph. 1500 shekels were dropped in it through the postal bank, and I have no idea who did that, unless it was Albilia. This after the blazing row I had with my account's manager. I also discovered something weird with my credit card. The grand total was 2200+ shekels, which was about what I thought it should be, and left over 1500 to play with, but when I went to charge travel insurance to the card, it was refused. I called the cc people and they said I was already over my limit. I wasn't even close, so I don't understand what's going on there. Looks like I'll have to make a few calls and find out what the hells is going on! That 1500 has me flummoxed, and it would be nice to know where it came from. If it *is* Albilia, there's still 28500 to go, and I hope it's not going to be 19 months of dribs and drabs. It might be a good idea to call the shyster and find out. Better than sitting here wondering, right?

No comments: