Sunday, October 23, 2005

THE SUNDAY AFTER

These weekend text sessions with Cab/Kiri always get me to thinking of the oddest things. That much be yet another reason why I love her so much. She gets my brain into gear and there are so few people around who can do that, especially since Teadrinker decided that I am beneath her notice. I still don't know what I did to piss her off so, and I miss her. Back around Yom Kippur I sent her an IM asking forgiveness, but she never answered. That means that either she never brings up Yahoo, or she won't forgive me. I suspect it's the latter. It's not like EVERYTHING I did to/for her was bad. I told her how to get maximum benefits, her first wheelchair, arranged for her to get an electrick scooter and paid for part of it, taught her that she can spend money on herself, got her off the charity case list, and made her buy things that otherwise she'd be without, like a new fridge, washer, dryer, TV, CD player, bedroom set, sofa, chairs, cell phone (which I paid for for a long time) and the list goes on. There were several times that I got fed up with her, but always 'forgave' her and we picked right back up from where we left off. Then, out of the blue, she told me to piss off,(without telling me why) so I did, until Yom Kippur. With my daughter I pretty much know why we aren't talking and it's her problem, not mine. Teadrinker is another story and it hurts worse than I imagined. We always understood each other almost without words, but that connection failed just when I needed it most. She sent several IMs that day that were perfectly normal, then, out of the blue she sent the meanest email imaginable. Ok, enough beating that dead horse. All those texts with Cab/Kiri brought it crashing back last night. It's entirely possible that I'll get in my car, when I get it, and drive down there one day and have it out with her. Yup, sounds like a plan.
Cab/Kiri got me to thinking about relationships I've had and why they were with who they were with. It seems to divide into two groups, those who are brighter than I, who challenge me to keep up and those who are not, but because of other qualities I like them. It's not that I think I'm brightest bulb in the fixture, but I'm not stupid and I love to be challenged by people who make me work to keep up. Cab/Kiri does that. She awes me with her writing ability, hells, she just plain awes me. Awesome is the word that best describes her. Her major flaw is her lack of confidence in her abilities, but she seems to be getting over that. It's what holds her back from doing what she was meant to do, write. Of course other things interfere as well, like the need to earn a living, but she's doing that in a most adventurous manner, and if "The Plan" comes off, she'll be able to use that to write the "Great Novel" It's in her and it's starting to fight to get out.

Orna and I went grocery shopping this morning and I found pomegranate juice. Yum.
I heard from Ciara in England yesterday and as I have her address, can look her up on the map and figure out how to get there. I still don't have Finger's address, but should soon and add that to the growing file. I had a lovely chat with Rosebud/Karen yesterday and we sorted the care package to Cab/Kiri, and her map is already in the file as I've actually been to her house before! This next jaunt is going to be so much fun.
Time to go chat with The Jeffey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I challenged you to a duet and you welched!!

Relationships are as complicated as we make them really. If people would all stop second guessing for a min and just get on with having a good time, there'd be a whole lotta lovin going on in this world, and hopefully a whole lotta sweet soulful blues music goin on so I could play my harmonica and get a band together in hip hop central Java.

This writing deal in Isreal.... I'm guessing I can play my harmonica and my flute a whole lot in an avoid doing any work kinda a way? -Cheesey grin- we could go on the road and call up squirrels to fight evil crime of a spice smuggling nature, besides the spice smugglers would thank us in the end, you ever tried to smuggle spices? It gets itchy man!!

Don't worry about teadrinker, get it sorted and get on with your life, the pair of you! In a hundred years no one will remember the hurt they caused to anyone or recieved from anyone, which is a shame cos people will probably do it over again cos they didn't remember. You're a light too ya know, a purple one, but purple still shines, I got some purple glitter to prove it! And just as purple glitter cheers me up, you always put a smile on my face.


Well I'm off to take more iron pills and do the cucaracha cos I can rattle now!

Cab
La cucaracha la cucaracha la la la la la la la!