Thursday, October 27, 2005

WORDS OF WISDOM and even MORE ABOUT TELYPHONES

Here's some very important advice: If you happen to be a gimp with foot problems and find it easier to lurch around in big fluffy doggie slippers, and decide to go out on a very hot day, wearing a sleeveless dress, do not forgot to take the slippers off and put sandals on. The minute you lurch out the door you will feel a right idiot wearing those slippers. I know this to be true because it happened to me last week. Also, if you are a gimp that has to shower sitting down, take those slippers off BEFORE you get in under the water. Those fluffy furry fuzzy slippers take forever to dry. I don't have to repeat myself and tell you how I know, do I?
One more bit of advice: If you get a will in the mail and are on an electrick scooter, do not stop under a shade tree to read it unless you are prepared to tell every single person who goes by why you are crying. There is also the hazard of blurred vision when you finally realize that it can wait until you get home. Trust me here. This I also know to be true.
Back before the century of holidays started, I saw a fantastic telyphone at Sari's store. That woman should be against the law. She has many things purple and wooden. I just adore the things she has there. I've had that phone, an old fashioned looking one with one of those funky skinny receivers that sits on those brass hooky looking things that stick up, and an old round rotary dialer. I decided on the very day I saw it that I must have it as it will fit in my living/dining room perfectly. It's all roundy curvey like the table and chairs, and is a nice dark wood.
I bought it today! And it looks even better than I thought it would. Of course my trip to Sari's couldn't end with just a telyphone. There had to be something else! This time the something else was a leather covered vanity table with lots of little drawers and a mirror and matching stool. It was love at first sight, and Sari will hold it for me. It's an amazing piece of furniture and will fit right in with my dark antique stuff.
I'm home now, so after a shower without doggie slippers, I'm then crawling into bed to memorize the will!

No comments: