Friday, October 14, 2005

I ALREADY KNOW

I may have only been awake for 15 minutes or so, but it's not too soon to state categorically that today is going to be longer and more insane than usual. I've only been making my morning coffee for as long as I've been drinking coffee. It's really not difficult. Heat water, put coffee in the cup, pour the water, bring the prepared coffee to where I want to drink it. Right? Sounds easy enough doesn't it? Ok, so I've only been drinking morning coffee at the computer since 1999 when I got the contraption. That's only 6 years This morning, I was a bit off my stride, to put it mildly. I usually turn on the gas under the kettle, grab Peg's lead, take him out, put the coffee in the cup, turn off the gas, pour the water, bring the coffee here. Today, for some reason unknown to me, I unhooked Peg, then remembered to turn on the gas, while holding his lead, put him out, filled his water bowl, put the coffee in the cup, turned off the gas, poured the water, came to the computer WITHOUT THE COFFEE. I'd read two emails before I noticed that I'd forgotten the coffee in the kitchen. I'd say that's a pretty good indication that today is going to be more nuts than usual.
After futzing around with the computer all day yesterday, I discovered that I messed something up with Firefox. Every time I bring it up I get a stubborn notice that demands a CD in drive G. Now that I have all my favorite plug ins and extensions just the way I like them, it looks like I'm right back where I started, unless I think of a way to sort it without uninstalling, then reinstalling Firefox. So upgrade the day from just nutty to very long and nutty!

No comments: