Saturday, October 08, 2005

MIDNIGHT VISITORS

Having been a good girl yesterday, and not drifting off into nap mode in the afternoon, I was asleep by midnight. My big mistake was to not lock the door when I brought Peg in earlier. I looked at it and said to my self, "Self, don't lock it" So I didn't. At a little after midnight, Child Genius and Krasny arrived. That was just fine as I had previously realized that the sound wasn't working here, and he had promised to come by and sort my private emails for me. He sorted both mails and the sound, and then did a bunch of stuff that left 29 critical objects on AdAware. I have learned to run it the minute he leaves. Now I can listen to Dark Matters.
I finally got my butt in gear yesterday and took the meat off the turkey , and got it wrapped and frozen. Also made what turned out to be a yummy turkey soup, using the bones and several packets of frozen veggies. By the time I'd recovered from getting the meat off the bones, the bits and pieces just fell off the bones in the pot. Didn't even need any salt or soup mix!
I sicced a lawyer on the probate thing in Florida. The Wicked Stepmother of Evility told me ages ago that she was sending the papers out right away. I found out on the great www that she filed the will for probate on 20 Sept, and that The Jeffey also hasn't received anything. There has been more than enough time for the papers to get here, never mind to Maine from Florida. A friend found a lawyer down there who will represent us now and I'll pay him when things are sorted.
I'm having a hard time letting go. I dissolve into tears at the oddest times. So many things remind me of Dad, that the tears just turn themselves on at the strangest times. The worst was on the flight to Holland. I absolutely love take offs and give a loud Murdockian take off howl in my head. The next thing I knew the tears were doing freefall down my face. Before I moved here permanently, that happened every time I flew out of the country and I was a legend on ElAl. It doesn't happen anymore because when I leave, I know I'll be coming back home.
The cable company is now offering telephone service, and I've been most anxious to get it, but if you call the company, you have to pay for it by credit card. No way. All my other cable stuff is on automatic debit, as is my Bezeq(the *real* phone company) so I informed them that when they let us use auto debit, I'll get it. I found out that if the cable phone is ordered through the field reps, it can be auto debited. Guess who's coming on Sunday?! Right! The cable field rep. What's the big deal about getting cable phone? Simple. Bezeq charges 75 shekels a month just to have the line, and unless you have their 7/77 package, for each call. Cable charges 35 + VAT per month and that includes 2000 minutes. That's two thousand minutes to either Bezeq or cable phones. After the first year, it will go up, but the included time will stay the same. I'll just keep the Bezeq line for incoming and international(international calls are charged through a different company) calls and use the cable line for in country outgoing. That method worked just fine when I had two Bezeq lines. I'll be able to cancel the 7/77 package and just pay the 75 every month. The cable phones being new and running off a modem, it makes sense to keep Bezeq for back up.
There's only one payment left on my Cellcom cell phone (the one I have for overseas travel) so it's getting close to the time to look into a 3rd generation cell phone that does email and other fun stuff. If I get one of those, I won't have to spend hours tapping out text messages to Cab asking her to post to the VA, I'll be able to send her texts about other stuff, and be able to use the cell for email. I wonder if I can get a cable connection for it and watch A Team? One of the cell companies has a very nice deal for internet and e mail. Must find out which company and if it's the one I don't have yet, just get a new battery for the Cellcom and get one of theirs. Maybe I'll go looking on the great www. That *is* what it's for, innit? Time to go text Cab. There was another earthquake in Indo.

No comments: