Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Purplegimp wrote:
  Not much has happened since I posted last, but I'm in one of my moods. I am
also completely frustrated about the %$&*$*! H.P. printer. It doesn't. Print, or scan, or any of the other things it's supposed to
do. I almost took a hammer to it yesterday, but decided to replace it soon. I
just can't take it anymore. No more H.P. I'll look for another brand that has
the features I want. Might even get one with a fax. I'm also frustrated that the
computer refuses to type in Hebrew no matter what I try. Child Genius will be
over later to try and make this thing bilingual again.
The 'Project of the Day' is to find out what(if anything) is on all the unmarked
CDs in the rack. Most of them are labeled, but some aren't so it might be a good
idea to find out if they are blank, and if not, to label them. I labeled all the
Office disks while installing them, so might as well check the rest.
On a note of weirdness...........It is my firm unshakable belief that we are all
here for a purpose. We don't always know what it is. I've done no small amount
of pondering on the subject since my stroke, and still can't figure why I'm
still here against all logic. I'm sort of just drifting along day by day and not
doing much of anything. Not complaining, mind you, it's quite pleasant, I'm just
wondering.
I *do* have to start pushing Bat Chen to get moving on Ygal, our non profit help
the crips organization. We made a good start, but it's stalled now. Part of the
reason it stalled was my trip to Holland, then she had to get Reef settled in
kindergarten, remodel her kitchen, and get her new Indian(from India) home
helper settled in. He's all set, Reef is settled and the kitchen is in the
breakdown lane, so we might as well get a move on. The government is less than a
month away from implementing the Laron Report, and Tzudkevitch has to be removed
fro the NIS board of directors and his plan for his organization to be named the
representative organization for all crips with an accomanying monthly deduction
from our benefits to his outfit. That can not happen, but it will if we don't
get off our butts and do something. There are so many othe crip issues that
urgently need attention as well. It's time get a move on. I'll have a car in a
month or so and it will be easier to get around then. As it is, not a day goes
by that someone doesn't stop me and ask about their favorite crip issue. Among
recent questions were three about benefit adjustments for inflation and rising
fuel prices. The benfit for travel hasn't been raised in over 3 years and fuel
prices have sky rocketed here in the last 6 months alone. Never mind that no one
can even begin to live on the basic benefit only. I'm "lucky" to be cripped
enough to get all three benefits, which means I can get along quite well.But so
few of us get all three, it's just not right to expect anyone to live on NIS
2300 a month. It simply can not be done. This must be changed, and soon.
As today is a holiday, there's nothing to go out for, so, I think I'll just get
on with the CD project and wait for Child Genius to come and teach the computer
Hebrew!


--
Posted by Purplegimp to Gimp House
at 10/18/2005
10:42:00 AM



No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.12.2/139 - Release Date: 17/10/2005

No comments: