Saturday, October 22, 2005

I JUST LOVE FRIDAYS

Friday is the end of the week here, which is quite enough of a reason to like it, but lately, Friday nights have turned into the most wonderful text chat evenings with Cab/Kiri. That gal is the most amazing person I know. She's over in Indonesia running a bunch of English schools, and seems to never rest. When she's not at work, she's off having adventures in volcanoes and in rain forests in Borneo. She's one of the few people I know and quite possibly the only one who is actually LIVING her life. Add to that her genius, yes, GENIUS as a writer and that's my Cab/Kiri.
I climb into bed early on Fridays and wait for the smart ass phone to buzz with her first text of the evening. There's a kind of weird connection between us that lets us understand even the craziest texts. Of course last night it took her a few minutes to get a Murdock reference, but she did!
Crazy lady is going through a bout of anemia, as being a vegetarian in Indo is difficult. It's hard to get all the fresh greens she needs over there, so I'm going to try and organize an airlift of tinned veggies for her. I'd ship off a few crates myself, but I don't think the Indos would be too happy about it, being as the tins would have Hebrew all over them and the Indos and us are not the best of friends, and I don't want her getting arrested for consorting with the *enemy*.
I don't care what she says, she *is* one of the bright shining lights of this time.
On to the mundane. I'm almost out of fags and have to make an emergency run into town. My preferred brand won't be in the store until Monday and I only have about 4 Duty Free fags left, so I'll be off soon to get enough to last until Monday. Other than that, the plan for today is to do some more planning for England, look at more maps, and stuff. I'm also going to call Rosebud/Karen and see if she can ship some tins of greens (no peas) to her cousin, then have a chat with The Jeffey. I just got a new super cheap rate to the US and UK and fully intend to take advantage of it.
I *did* look up flight schools in Israel as I fully intend to take flying lessons, and found two in the north. I'll call them next week and find out if they have a crip plane. One of them should. Leia's does in Wales, so, we should have one here. If not, I might just have to figure out how to learn over there. I've only always wanted to learn how to fly, like ever since I can remember, and I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suckering suckertash! I got all my confidence in this here bottle, and I'm not letting it out until the rainy season where it can roam free and find a place to call home amoungst the shruberies!

I do rest a lot, you think running English schools is work?! I usually tell each school I'm in another school and have them all phoning round all day so they never find me! Wa ha ha ha ha!

(I'd like to blame the recent anemia on the poor spelling and grammar, or the other way around!! Maybe I should start telling people I run 5 Welsh schools instead of English schools, there'd be no way to check up on the spelling and grammar then, unless Wales has zoomed into the computer age of course! Tee Hee)

Next Friday may be a bit quiet as I'll be off to Bali lady. Then on Saturday I'm going to the wonderful Komodo Island to see the komodo dragons, throw a squeaky toy at them then run away at hhigh speed!! If you don't hear from me in a week or so please update my postal address to Komodo Island, Komodo Dragon by the name of Burt's digestive system, left foot for parcels.

Love ya crazy lady!

Cab / Kiri / New resident of Burt's digestive system