Sunday, October 30, 2005

CAUGHT OUT

It simply can not rain in this country without me being outside without rain gear. It happened to me again today! The weather people (would someone please shoot them and put me out of their misery?) said it would rain all day up here. Well, it didn't start until I'd left the house. The original plan was to stay in, but last night I woke up with an insane craving for something sweet and I generally do not like sweets, so there were none in the house. I have learned to listen to cravings, so decided to go out and get something sweet. Of course I had no sooner checked my mail box than the rain started, and I was in my BasscatcherBob vest over a thin jacket, and my BU cap. Being a slave to my cravings and having been shot against flu and pneumonia, I continued on my sweet quest.
As I couldn't get the shop I wanted, thanks to some spoiled fat assed jerk who parked his la-di-da Chevy on the ramp, I continued on to the supermarket, where it took me almost an hour to decide what to buy. I finally settled on some cheap Israeli wannabe counterfeit Oreos. They were cheap, and of course when I left the store, a great big truck was blocking my only exit. I ended up waiting untill it moved, by which time it was pouring rain. Did I get wet? What do you think?
I'm home and dry now, and yes, the rain has stopped! I am now going to crawl into bed with a nice hot cup of (fake) chicken broth, and read, and maybe nap.

No comments: