Friday, September 30, 2005

STUFF 'N THINGS

There's still a lot of message traffic on the message boards about the con (pun intended)and below is one of the posts to the Dwight Shultz list. I met so many great people there, but it seems there many equaly wonderful I missed for lack of time. I agree with Leia that the best part of a con is meeting the other fans. The A Team fans in particular are very special. That Noncon in Bournemouth was the most amazing thing I've ever been to. The con had been cancelled well ahead of time, but a large group of us decided to go to England anyway and have a party in Bournemouth. Jipster,Susie, Karen, Cab, Rosebud, Kathleen, Leia, Mr and Mrs. Captain Night Owl from Boston, several others and The Gimp were all there and we had the best party I've ever been to that day. Jips, Susie, Cab, Rosebud, Leia and I are in pretty much constant touch and I love each and every one of them like a sister. Such a special wonderful group of people. Thank you A Team.
Hey Franne, nice to read your story. I was there at screenheroes too,
and i accidently filmed a part of Dwight and Dirk talking about those
cigars you mentioned in your story. Funny to read it in your story,
cause I've seen it. Actually i filmed a bit of Dirk for my sister. She
asked me if i could take some pictures of Dirk. Since they were tired,
I didn't dare to ask if Dirk would go on a picture with me. So that's
why I filmed a short part. I hope you don't mind. Actually, if you
want to have it, I can send it to you :-). I did managed to go on the
picture with Dwight.

After the event I read a few forums, and it seems there was big
trouble in the organisation of Screenheroes. The organiser left with
the money and left many problems behind (including for the actors).
Very sad for those who had tickets for Vip-party. But I did have a
nice time (meeting my heroes).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep Bournmouth was very very fun! Franne lady lady, you are a star of purpleness!

Anonymous said...

Oh um, from Cab..... still trying to get this computer to work with ketchup and chilli.... it'll take time but I'll get there!!

Cab