Tuesday, September 20, 2005

HOLLAND ARE YOU READY?

Yuppers, the day after tomorrow's the big day! BBC and I are off to Utrecht for a weekend with Leia, Janet, Dwight and Dirk. I was a bit nervous about bringing Leia down with my odd mood swings, but she's recently lost someone too so we should be able to help each other through it and have a good time.
Of course I've gone and it to myself again and totally miscalculated my finances. At least it's the last time that will happen! At worst the insurance policy should come through within two months and that will solve my idiot bank account permanently. At to the rest of the inheritance, I'm going to take the advice of Richard and not do a thing with it for 6 months. Must remember to check out tax law on it here. I'll call the late motorcycle garage's accountant later and ask her. I *do* know that there are no taxes to be paid on it in the US.
Child genius and his pal Krasny (red in Russian because he always wears a red shirt and I don't know the word for purple in Russian yet) dropped by rather latish last night and mildly messed up the computer. I have it back to relatively normal now, but I fell like everything is covered in a pea soup fog. Only got 5 hours sleep, and that just isn't enough for this old gimp. My left leg is wobbly today and almost gave out when I was bringing my coffee here. Good thing Peg had the sense to move fast out of my way. That's all I need, a scalded coffee flavored dog. If I can keep my eyes open long enough, I'll add the link to our(mine and bat Chen's) site this afernoon. It seems our protesting gimp friends took over the Social Security building in Jerusalem for reasons as yet unclear. Worse, the leader of the last two demonstrations has be given a job there in exchange for selling us out to the Finance Ministry, but more on that later. I want to get out of here before it gets too hot. Ex Mainers should not have to deal with 90+ temps.

No comments: