Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I TAKE IT BACK

I take back anything nice I ever said about Marcelle, The Wicked Stepmother. Gobsmacked is much to mild for the rage I feel about what is going on. Her latest cruelty to her late husband's children is that the funeral will be on Thursday. There is absolutely no excuse for that. Jewish law requires a quick burial, delay is allowed only if someone has to arrive from far away. No one is going from any distance, therefore, any delay is unexcusable. She also never told any of us that he had died until well into Sunday. She never even bothered to tell The Jeffey anything at all. All I could find was a death notice in their local paper, no proper obituary there or in any of the Maine papers. What is she up to? I almost think I know why she chose Thursday. Aron said she's not sitting Shiva and by having the funeral on Thursay, she's effectively not allowing me to sit either. Shabbat cancels Shiva, so that leaves one whole day to sit. I can not believe that The Philmore wanted that. It goes against everything he believed. And worst of all, there's nothing I can do about it. The icing on the cake is that I'm stuck in an odd "in between". Until he's buried, I can't sit, and also can not do anything else. It's as if I'm sitting, except not.
What did I ever do to her to deserve this? When she had her operation a few months ago, I called every week to find out how she was doing. I was always pleasant to her and never ever did anything to let her think I didn't like her. Maybe somehow she knew it though. I did not like her from the minute I set eyes on her and this is the first time I've said it. The previous rants were about what was going on, what she was doing, not about her personally and there's pretty much no way she could know about it. No, there's no way she could know about it. She doesn't use the computer and my hit counter would have shown if she or any of hers had been here. I suppose she could claim that it's ok as The Philmore and I never really got along, but who is she to assume such a thing? We had our ups and downs, but to presume anything about our relationship brings chutzpah to a whole new level. I'm having trouble expressing myself lucidly on the subject, so I'd best leave it now and go back to my "twilight zone"

No comments: