Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I'VE LOST MY MIND

My mind (what's left of it, that is) has gone missing. I've been confusing myself over things that I KNOW. For instance, I really do know that Shabbat doesn't cancel Shiva, it just is a break. I know that, so it really doesn't matter if The Wicked One has the funeral on Thursday. One just continues Shiva from when Shabbat is over. I KNOW THIS. I also know that the only thing one does before the burial is to refrain from meat and wine. I KNOW THIS. The no meat and wine continues right through Shiva, this I also know, so why did the knowledge of things vanish when I needed them most. I CAN go out and do things until the funeral, so, I just got myself all worked about things I knew. In spite of all that, I do not, repeat, do not take back one word I've said about The Wicked One, and will most likely have a lot more to say about her, and if not saying, then I will be thinking very not nice things about her.
I took advantage of this between time to get my pneumonia shot, buy some fags and check out a thing or two with Nissim Malka, a local rabbi whose daughters I once taught and whose sister is a nurse at the clinic. Enough for one day. Tomorrow I'll go have a yell up at the bank and do a few other things. In about half an hour I'll be able to call Maine and not piss everyone off at me for waking them up. Quite enough for one day.

No comments: