Tuesday, November 16, 2004

WINTER APPROACHES

I made a point of catching the weather forecast on two different channels AND checked Yahoo. Winter will be here tomorrow! I'm so excited. Cold, wet, and, with any luck noisy with a natural light show. I'm ready. My Billy and Fred slippers are brushed and ready. My purple house coat is washed and dried, as is my down quilt. The fun part will be putting it in the quilt cover. There's a quilt under the flannel sheet. Yup, I'm ready.
Some poor corporal in the army got busted for making 'gloating' comments about Arafart dying. Does that mean they'll come get me next? My comments were far from P.C. Ha!
George W. nominated Condoleeza Rice for Sec'y State and there's been talk that she might have a tough time with the entrenched old timers there. It makes me wonder if George W. remembers our conversation about the State Department old timers. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. Powell ended up, as I feared, being sucked in by them. I think Dr. Rice just might shake them up and get them off the pro Arab band wagon. If anyone can, she's the one, and if any place needs shaking up, State's it. I wish her luck there.
Have you noticed that the good folks who are supposed to report the news AFTER it happens seem to spend more time speculating on what they think WILL/might happen? I guess there's nothing wrong with that other than that their speculations can and possibly *do* skew the actual events. The world has gone nuts. So, I should fit right in, right?

No comments: