Thursday, November 04, 2004

SOON, BUT NOT QUITE YET

I'll get off politics soon, but not quite yet. As long as the commentators are commentating, so will I.
So many seemed surprised that New Hampshire went so solidly for his toiletship that it's a bit puzzling that it isn't obvious to them that N.H. has been taken over by refugees from Massachusetts' high taxes and real estate prices.
Then, there were the bright lights (here) who figure that now that Bush has been elected for the last time, he will try to put pressure on us to accommodate Yasser's ragheads. I think it's just Israeli megalomania and that Bush (who is NOT the author of that idiot road map) will, if anything, pressure the P.A. not us. I also can't see him running around appeasing the Europeans. He will most likely keep on doing what he knows is correct.
All the speculation about him changing the things that are fundamental to him are just plain wrong. His re election tells me that Americans want a return to morality and tradition values.
I'm quite enjoying the reports that Kerry REFUSED to concede until it was made clear to him that Ohio was well and truly lost. His "I give up" speech was far from gracious as opposed to Bush's victory speech, which was gracious to a fault. Who was it that *divided* the country, if not Kerry?(Bush was supposed to fold up and go home so Kerry could preside over a unified country? I don't think so) It was Kerry who kept whing divided, not Bush! Now that the losers can't even try to claim that Bush won any way other than fair, square and solidly, they can't do anything other than let him (Bush) get on with the job he was re elected to do. The country is much less divided than Kerry, Moore et.al. would like to believe.
In celebration, I'm off to get my hair cut! It's way too long in the back, and not messy enough in front! If you are very nice, and post comments, I might, just might, post a picture!?

No comments: