Thursday, November 11, 2004

THE GIMP IS TIRED

It might sound ridiculous, but I'm tired tonight, and it's not like I overdid today. I went to the post office to collect the money I sent to Val, but she never got. It only took almost an hour to get it, then a half hour wait at the bank to dump 500 of it into the bottomless pit. After that, I went to the big mall to get Irit's birthday present, then to the little post office to mail it to her-registered. I got home just as Charmed was starting, then after Highlander I tried to have a snooze, and STL called, so end of snooze. I'm trying real hard not to watch the news, here or on Fox. This whole Arafart croaked thing is just too much and I'm sick and tired of hearing what a wonderful leader he was for the so called Palestinian people. He was nothing more than a terrorist and such, burial in a parking lot is too good for him. I'd plant him in the toxic waste dump with appropriate warnings.
everyone is getting all excited about the possibility of peace now that he's gone, but they seem to be forgetting Kadoumi. I love his name; it means 'primitive' in Hebrew and is spot on for him. He has already said that he has no objection to talking, but armed struggle must be kept as an option. Same old same old. Maybe he'll kick off next and they pave the Muka'ata parking lot with dead leaders' crypts.
Last weekend I saw a 9/11 movie on Hallmark that put Moore's leftoslander flic in the dust. There were a few great shots of Bush juxtaposed with portraits of the first George-Washington, and then one with Lincoln. It is a pretty factual portrayal of that day and has the ring of truth. I will tape it next time, if I can stop crying long enough. That movie is sure a tear jerker.
I was weepy a lot today;Veteran's Day. A piece about Bangor Maine and the way they welcome planes full of soldiers returning home got me all teary first thing, then there were a few more tributes to vets.
I've managed to mess up the computer yet again. Paintbrush and powerpoint have disappeared. I'll have to call Gerald tomorrow. Photoshop has gone too. How do I do things like that?
The really good news is that even if STL doesn't pay me back, and he probably won't, my account will be in a health plus by the end of January!!!!! Don't worry, I'm not letting off the hook.
Tomorrow night is Dark Angel marathon night and I had better get a good nap before. I'll be getting up early because I have to help Richard with cable and do a bit of shopping shopping at the other end of town.

No comments: