Sunday, November 21, 2004

UNBELIEVABLE MUSICAL HOUSES

I really should restrain myself from making *curiosity* searches. The house I loved the most in Brunswick, for many reasons, is now owned by (are you ready for this?) Jakey Aldred! Longfellow Ave is a family affair. We moved from # 10 to 22 in 1954. The Leiths lived to the left, in the house Sandy and Chuck Morrell Rooney live in now. To the right we had the Brownes, next to them were the elder Aldreds, who at some point moved to Harpswell, they bought OUR house when we moved to Mere Point when I was 16. In fact, Happy, Mrs. Aldred Sr. returned the pearls that got lost down the heating baseboards years before, after they were found by the furnace crew from BCL, now, Downeast Energy, and owned by Sandy Morrell Rooney's family. The Aldreds Jr. lived on Mere Point until they bought the house the Srs sold to move to Harpswell. NOW I find that Aldred III has bought, or inherited *my* house. I wonder why Sandy never mentioned it. I *do* feel better knowing it's in the hands of an Aldred. Aldred Jr, Paddy, still lives in # 18. When we lived on Atwood Lane, the Aldred daughter also lived there. Almost incestuous, no?
I forgot to mention in my previous post how great the weather is going to be for the next few days. RAIN and SNOW! It's for sure not cold enough yet, but they say it's going to get cold overnight and I can already feel it! Woohoo. Weather.
Another bright note is that my bank account is getting healthier.
I am a happy happy gimp. I think I'll go see who has the other houses on Longfellow Ave! This reverse directory is great.

No comments: