Monday, November 29, 2004

BACK TO NORMAL?

I think things are pretty much back to normal-for me, that is. Yesterday was a complete waste except for Dark Matters. I was up on time and the connection held for the whole 3 hours. I took the dogs out and washed the floor (shelter guys were coming). At 09:30 the power went off, grrr. No computer, no TV, no radio, no heat. When will they come up with a way to run things with candle power? Being used to having to flip the breaker here, I went out and opened the box, it wasn't here, and Yad Sarah was dark too. Sooo, I took a book and went out on the ramp with the wheelchair to read in the sun. At noon, I decided it was time to go in, open the shutters and read in bed until the power came back. 'lectric company said at 15:00. I backed the chair in, got the the dogs and let them off their leads. I went into the living room to open the shutters and discovered that I had done it yet again. I left the other door wide open and Peg and Ragamuffin went straight out again! I immediately shut and locked the door and resolved, yet again to NEVER forget to close and lock it. By the time I got the leads, and off the ramp the ramp with Harley, Muffin was back and easily captured. Peg was horsing around and Muffin and I went after him. After half an hour of high speed chase, her lead had chafed my wrist to the point of blood, so back in the house she went, secure on a door handle. about 45 minutes after that, I got Peg by the tail and he joined her on the door in the bathroom, where they still are. I got into bed and waited for the 'lectricity, fell asleep and woke to power at 06:30, got the TV sorted, and checked the inside temp. I have a smart TV. It tells the date, time, and temp. It was 15 C in the house and around 5 C outside, so a decision was made to turn on the heat. HA! I got it done all by myself. I crashed on the bed to watch mindless TV and at 08:30 or so, there was a knock on the door. Aaron Milman came to collect the stickers I made for him by taking a picture of the address in Denmark, then made into stickers. He thought it was brilliant. I sort of agree. He left most pleased. At that point I realized the shelter guys never showed up and decided that if they don't show by 09:00 today, I'm out of here. I have tons of things to do that didn't get done yesterday, like send Teadrinker her present and get stamped envelopes for the complaint to the bus company and some whole wheat roll thingies. A proper shopping with a looooong list will wait for Thursday when the Visa clears. I'm still playing e mail catch up from yesterday. I'll go get caught up there, then get out of here.

No comments: