Sunday, November 07, 2004

AND ON AND ON IT GOES

This whole Arafart thing is dragging on and on and they can't get their stories straight. One brilliant spokesperson actually said that the only person authorized to comment on Arafart's health is Arafart himself? Like he's capable of doing that while in a coma and braindead. There are actually reporst that he is not in a coma. Go figure it out. And I thought election night was bad. The only thing I can think of that is as nervewracking is waiting for STL to pay up. Today's fairytale revolves around one of the Jewish charities ending money to Edith or someone else they trust. *That* actually makes sense, except it could and most likely is just another lie to delay the day I send him to ICU.
This morning's Dark Matters was great. Dwight was in a fantastic mood from the election results, as was I. I enjoyed every minute of the show.
The minute the show was over, I charged into town to deposit the cash I have in the bank and to see if that Yank Mara wants me to meet was there. He wasn't, but Aaron Milman was. We had a nice visit, then I went to the bank which was closed. Discount Bank closed on a Sunday morning? Odd to say the least. I asked the guard at the entrance to the mall and he said they are always closed on Sunday now. Hmmmm. Somehow the top brains here can not get their minds around the concept that a 5 day work in other parts of the world means that the business is open 6 days but the employees get an extra day off. Not here! Here they close the business. I'll just have to pop in and make the deposit tomorrow, even though my account is in relatively good shape, but only because Gerald again forgot to redeposit that check. The 500 I have to throw into the bottomless pit will help alot.
Aaron Milman stopped by with some stickers he wants me to design and print up for him. He is such an interesting old geezer! 80+ years old and still walks all over town. I could listen to his stories for hours. My facial muscles hurt from smiling at all his stories. I wonder if I could get him to let tape and then write the story of his life. He was born and brought up in Egypt, and had many experiences that are worth the effort to preserve. I just might start something using the stories he told tonight. It's almost 20:00, news time and I want to go see/hear what's going on with Yasser.

No comments: