Monday, October 25, 2004

WICKED SLEEPY

I have a wicked bad case of the sleepies. So, ok, part of it is left over from the Friday night TV marathon........but I dozed on and off most of Saturday, then got up at 04:45 Sunday morning (it was still dark!) for Dark Matters, which was great this week. Then I did another day of dozing, and went to sleep at a reasonable time, just before 01:00! STL woke me up at around 11:00 to tell me that his cell phone is out of money and that I should call him in the evening or even Monday afternoon. It is now Monday afternoon and I'm going to call him late tonight. I'm not in the mood to hear any more of his fairy tales. If he doesn't have a transfer number, I'll just hang up and not give him a chance to say any more. Enough is enough. I'm pretty sure that this sleepy stuff is a combination of minor depression as a result of the condition my bank account is in and getting pretty much off the macrobiotic thing. I'm going brown rice now, except for Shabbatot. As I really don't like rice, it should be easy enough to eat only when I'm hungry!
Cable has come out with a new 'deal' 199 for life. That's a lot cheaper than what I'm paying now, and I'm going to get an autopay form from them because I just can't pay Mara and Richards internet any more. Every penny helps. I'll have to delay all my projects until things get back to healthy at the bank.
I went to DoggiStyle today because I saw their ad for Dogli for 129 shekels for 20 kilo. They were completely out. The boss/owner/guy talked me into getting them 'old dog' food. The way he explained and demonstrated, it makes sense and my credit card worked! That means that next time I'm out, I just call him and he charges the card on the 3rd of the next month. Yippee! No more dragging heavy bags of dog food around! He will do it. Right now, I have 3 small bags of 'old dog' food that are easy to manage and it looks as if they like it! I also think I might be able to have them come in to walk the dogs if I go away. They are too old to go to a kennel and no one in the area will do it. It's amazing that so many people are so scared of dogs. I'm going to have them come next week to shampoo groom and anti tick and flea them. Their prices are reasonable and they understand that I can't take the dogs there, so they'll come here! I think there are still a couple of anti bug ampules in Irit's room. I'll check in a while.
In the meantime, the country is going to hell in a hand basket. Sharon has reneged on the campaign promise that got him elected. Ok, we do have to separate ourselves from the PA, but not by leaving Gaza without any kind of agreement with them. It will only give them more incentive to continue terrorizing us. That's what happened when we pulled out of Lebanon unilaterally. All the terror moved south. We can not pull out of Gaza under fire. Period. One thing that drives me even wilder is that so many mainstream Israelis use the term conquered interchangeably with occupied. There's a huge difference. Both now have an even more negative connotation than before. There's nothing we'd like more than to let the PA be completely autonomous, but not until they figure out that they must stop the terror. That won't happen until Arafart is gone (he never should have been allowed to get there in the first place) We must be the only country in the world to allow a terrorist to assume the position of head of (almost) state and to continue the terror against the very people who let him in. God help us all if Kerry gets in. Bush,Please, God.
I can't even do a Leah Rabin and threaten to leave if Kerry wins........I've already left there and there's no place to go from here. Only a week to go until we know if there's hope, or if it's all over but the shouting. Will I be the singing fat lady?

No comments: