Friday, October 08, 2004

AND AWAY WE GO.......

Leave it to our lot to blame getting blown to smithereens in Sinai (in spite of security alerts) on every one except themselves for going in spite of the alerts. So now we can look forward to a long period of mutual blame of everyone by everyone and on and on.
Both governments are playing nicey towards each other. The Egyptians were pretty lame at first about letting our rescue crews in, it turned out that no one wanted to wake Mubarak up to tell him that Taba went boom. Now he and Sharon are being all buddy buddy and the recriminations can wait. Lots of our civilians are bitching about the delays in getting across the border crossing.
I left the TV on Israel 10 and woke up to the exact same thing that was on when I drifted off.......and they had hourly updates alll day long. I went over to Fox at some point, and they made the Israeli connection. Our newsies had been complaining that the foriegn press were all saying it was an Egyptian thing.......not Fox. They had their Israeli producer on from the scene and there was no doubt that they got it right. Teadrinker said Sky also got it right!
The next debate is on tonight and I'm thinking of staying up for it. I just hope Bush gets it together. Of course it will cause difficulties for Sunday morning....I still don't have the time figured and if it's unchanged, I'll have to get up at 04:40 on Sunday, and I don't think that's going to work.
The weather is changing and getting cooler, but they are predicting a gradual increase next week. With any luck it won't get too hot again, and rain won't be far behind, I hope. Rain never stops me from going out, but it will be a good excuse to stay in and get things done that should have been done ages ago.
I've got the 'gotta get out of here itch' again and no place to go. I've pretty much gone off Moscow and am looking for another place.......need a break from the day to day.
Time to get a bottle of water and get into bed for the Friday might CSI marathon and debate.......also must disconnect Teadrinker from my ear.

No comments: