Monday, October 18, 2004

ON AND ON IT GOES

This whole nightmare with Striar the Liar just won't come to an end. When he called last evening with yet another fairy tale and even more excuses, I told him not to call unless he has a transfer number for me and hung up. He had the good sense not to call back. This afternoon, during a call from Teadrinker, there were 3 or 4 call waiting beeps. I told Teadrinker that it most likely was STL. It was.....and rather than let him started, I asked if he had a transfer number for me; he said "no" and I hung up. Something about that call galvanized me, and I started on the bookcase annex. That involves removing the books from the top 3 shelves, building the annexes, removing even more books, getting the shelf for the *Z*s organized and continuing backwards from *Z* to *A*. I made a pretty good start today, and plan to continue tomorrow. Heaven only knows when I'll be able to get the extra shelves.
I quit that project at around 16:00 and took my screaming back to bed. The phone rang just as settled in with a book. It was Tikva from the bank. Oh, yeah, I'm in trouble, but not as much as I thought. She suggested taking out a loan for 10000, paying off the 2000 left on the old loan, and taking care of things that way. I told her that I have a plan of my own. After thinking it over, I'll go with hers. That way, I'll be down to only about -1500 on payday, and anything STL sends will get me out of the red. Also, I have a 'station' coming up on my savings account in January and I'll be able to break out enough to get in the black and stay there, Striar or no Striar. He'd better pay up though. I despise having to take out loans using my savings because he's a conning scheming pathological liar. I know I should be thankful that I have that savings account, and I am. I just resent the hell out of the fact that I have to use it this way because of STL. I *am* glad that I seem to have lit a fire under him again. I'm really getting tired of him and will be happy to move on to other things if he ever pays me back.
I must remember to get a new battery for my watch on the way to the bank in the morning. This one died today and it hasn't been a year yet.

No comments: