Friday, October 15, 2004

WELL, THAT CERTAINLY SUCKED

But it was the easiest 100 shekels I ever made. Poor Aurelia, she 'ran away' from home for an hour of peace and quiet. Her husband is home from the hospital on a weekend pass. He has Parkinson's and is going through a meds crisis, and she's going nuts. She asked me about Queen Irit, and I told her.......after a heated discussion, she bet me 100 sheks that she could get us talking again, and called Her Highness. Things got a bit messy when Aurelia said that I'm in distress. I'm not. But I *am* super pissed off that Aurelia left here in tears. She only wanted to help and refused to listen when I tried to tell her to leave it alone. We'll get over it our own time or not. I'm perfectly happy without the stress of measuring every word and worrying about it all. Like I said, the easiest 100 I ever made. I'll call Aurelia tomorrow and try to calm her down about it. She's taking it harder than I did. It is never a good idea to get in the middle of the two us. It's just like me and my father. We are too much alike and strike sparks off each other. I've gotten over it with Dad, and as long as we are on different sides of the world all is fine. But Irit is only an hour away and she hasn't figured it out yet. I realize that she is the way she is and that's just fine, until she tries to make me act the way she thinks I should. It will stay this way until figures out that she just has to accept her mother as she is and stop trying to dictate my behavior. No one else has succeeded, not that many have tried, most just take me the way I am and those who don't like me stay away. I'm perfectly happy gimping along on my own and when I want company, have no trouble finding it.
I don't know many people who are satisfied enough with themselves to live alone and not suffer from loneliness. I am, and I know who my friends are and am happy with the way things are.

No comments: