Wednesday, October 06, 2004

THERE OUGHTTA BE A LAW

Children under the age of 30 should not be allowed in grocery stores even if accompanied by 'responsible' adults. Shopping today was a nightmare like I haven't suffered in several years. I usually plan holiday shopping a bit better than I did today. I was up for most of the V.P. debate, granted I was pretty much dozing on and off through it, so woke up pretty late and by the time I was ready to go out it was time for Charmed so I waited until it was over, completely forgetting that it was a holiday eve. I went into Steimatztky first and bought 3 books at 30% off! There's a new Kellerman & Kellerman double header, and a Dale Brown and James North Patterson. I can't find the new Cornwell any where in the country, not at Steimatzky and not on the www here. Grrr. I guess it will show up one these days.
Then into the grocery store. It was fairly busy, but not too bad unless you thing 1 family with 6 whiny snot nosed genetic freakazoids blocking 4 aisles at one time bad, and all the kids were misbehaving. Every place I went kids and their jerk parents were blocking my way. I finally got just about everything I wanted and got out of there.
Of course when I got home there was some jerk parked ON my bump-(ramp from the street) and he was annoyed that I expected him to get the hells out of my way so I could home. Is it any wonder I detest people, generic people, that is. Aside from STL, there are very few that I know and can't stand. Of course one of them arrived today with her mother, who has yet to call, and I still haven't found a good excuse not to meet them. Oh, well, I have until tomorrow or whenever she calls to come up with something. I actually like Yehudit.......she has an original way of looking at things, and her ditzyness isn't off putting. It's just who she is.
I think I'll take the dogs out for a quick run, then get into bed. I just might get to sleep at a decent time tonight.
Oh, yeah, Billy popped up on Yahoo after an absence of several months and I sent a "Hi remember me?" to which I got no reply. Ok, I can take a hint, but a get lost is more polite an unambiguous. I won't be repeating that mistake any time soon.
I'm enjoying the CDs I bought the other day too much to pack up now. I've got the Beach Boys on now and there's a huge goof in the order of the tracks listed on the insert. It's not even close, but who cares? I love them and they can come on in any order! As a kid growing up on the ocean, their songs bring those great days back even if it's West Coast. The East Coast ocean isn't all that different at the end of the day even if they had that whole So. Cal surfer culture thing going. We had our East Coast version too. I need an ocean........gotta do something about that real soon. Maybe a week or two with Alice. Actually, I can just close my eyes and the Beach Boys take me right back to Mere Point.

No comments: