Tuesday, October 05, 2004

SUDDEN DEATH

This new computer stopped dead in it's tracks right in the middle of the last post, which, as a result hasn't been posted yet. The keyboard stopped typing in the middle of a letter and a disastrous investigation revealed that plug had fallen out. While trying to plug it back in, I was attacked by the side panel of the tower and then it just stopped working, and rather than mess things up further, I called Computer's creator, Gerald, who showed up last evening and sorted things more or less. It *is* working now, even if the connection is playing silly buggers again. I told him that after the last check clears (he's not concerned in the least) that we will talk about a possible upgrade to 2000 pro with maybe Linux too. In any event, he'll take -C- away and try to get to bottom of the troubles. He thinks there's a virus in here someplace. I'm not sure and we've agreed to disagree about anti virus progs. He swears by Norton, I swear at it and love AVG which is a bit off it's game at the mo. I'm going to investigate when I get back from mailing Bush ballot!
I finally got my hands on STL and told him that if he doesn't check in every other day at least, a delegation will be on it's way to Bangor (his mother lives there) and another to Safad (he lives there) He called yesterday and again today. He wants me to look up phone numbers for potential victims on the WWW. Yesterday I couldn't and today I intend to tell him I won't! The nasty level is about to go way up. It will be fun to see what happens next week. He committed to leaving *his* apartment after the holidays. That gives him until Friday or next Monday.
The poor folks in Sderot just can't get a handle on the way to act with the press. They had Dumb and Dumber on over the weekend. Dumber explained why she wanted to pick up and move out. Dumb was supposed to explain why she should stay. Neither of them got it right even though there were lots of references to Kiryat Shmonah. If only one of them has said that you do not run in the face of terror, that giving in is not the answer because that's exactly what the terrorists want......you stay and announce with head held high that no terrorist is going make you change your life one little bit. That's how you talk to them. But I guess they just aren't as smart as the people up here, who lived with katyushas for 30 years. I still think that Sharon should do one of two things; don't much care which: announce that for every kassam that comes close to our population will be answered in kind to one of their population centers in the Strip, or that he is starting a major settlement program in the Strip and any and all attemps at terror will be answered tenfold on them and if their civilians get hurt or dead, tough luck.
If only the few who understand that root of all their troubles is their leadership (an ex(?) terrorist as PM should tell them all they need to know about that, they could maybe get a grassroots movement going with a view to kicking out the current leadership (?) The Iraqis never did and the PA ragheads have Syrian and Iranian backing and I bet any such effort would be met immediately with armed resistance by those thugs. Ok. Enough, it's time to bring the dogs in, finish my ballot and take it to the post office to airmail it in! I'll post the previous post after this posts. It will be interesting to see where it ends up; before or after this one!

No comments: