Saturday, October 16, 2004

TGC STRIKES AGAIN,AND OTHER STUFF

I had two flashes of genius yesterday. The first was the answer to the question all the talking heads were asking yesterday about what Kerry said about Cheney's gay daughter. It was mentioned a few times that Edwards slipped in a reference to her during the VP debates and Cheney let it slide. It's pretty obvious to me that Edward's mention was a trial balloon and when no reaction was forthcoming, Kerry took it to the next level, and since then his spinners have been attacking Mrs. Cheney for calling what Kerry said tawdry, which was exactly the word that came to mind when he first said it. The connection is between Edward's trial balloon and Kerry's comments is so obvious.
My other flash of brilliance was the realization that our border up here has been relatively quiet and will stay that way until things get quiet in Gaza, THEN, we'll get it. Nassralla and his merry band of Hezbollah goons are just waiting and watching. It's just a matter of time.
I'm still upset about how Aurelia left here last night. She came over to get away from the insanity at home and walked right into the middle of a storm here. As she can't do much about the situation with David and his Parkinsons, she decided to try and fix the situation between me and her highness. While I appreciate the thought behind it, she really should have stayed out it. Irit called this morning at 08:00 and I'd only had 2 hours of sleep. I'm back on Night Owl Time and was in no mood to listen to Ms. Know It All. I wrote her this e mail:
Irit, you seem to have all the answers about how to behave and talk, then, you call me at 08:00 on a Saturday morning and call a friend of mine (yes, I *do* have friends) סטומה
She just happens to have a masters degree in Design from the best School of Design in the world and she peaks 6 languages fluently. She's about as far from being סטומה
as one can get. I wonder if Romi could hear that? This after making such an issue of me asking Romi if her mommy was being mean to her after she squealed, then telling me never to call her father ugly-I have never done that......you do it. Child, get your act together.You are not the center of the known universe I am 52, almost 53 years old and believe it or not, actually like myself. It is not your job to try and change me. I would rather have the peace and quiet of the past month than the stress of worrying about every word that comes out of my mouth. In other words, either, grow up, and accept me as I am, or leave me alone. And don't EVER call me at 08:00 as I am fighting night owl syndrome yet again. I love both you and Romi, and adore Guy, but I will not allow anyone to treat me the way you do.
I decided not to send it. She thinks it's just fine to lay down the law about when to call her, and has no trouble calling when it suits her, and using insulting language. That word in Hebrew means stupid, very stupid.
Last night was a great TV night and I've gotten hooked on Dark Angel. It has elements that remind me of the two books James Patterson wrote about the genetically engineered *bird children* The showed both pilot episodes and two after that. I'll have to check when it's on and try to keep up. After that, there were two episodes og Jag and that took me to about 06:00, when I finally fell asleep only to be awakened by my rude daughter.
Just to make the morning even more fun, Ragamuffin started a fight with Pegasus and I caught my finger in the space between the keyboard and table top. There's a trail of blood drops from here to my room, where the spray bandage is. Raggy and Peg calmed down the minute I got up so I just continued on to the spray bandage.
Oh, joy. HERSELF just called, I was somewhat civil, but if she thinks it's over, she has another think coming.
Tomorrow morning will be another Dark Matters nightmare. At least there are only two more times after that when I'll have to get up at 04:45..........assuming I fall asleep before then. I can't wait for them to go back to standard time!

No comments: